This is a community post. Community posts are articles shared by people who are regular guests at Blockbar The Hague.
Blockbar Virtual Meetup | BlockBar Special: “Crypto Regulation in The Netherlands, the coming 5 years”
We want to stimulate and grow the blockchain community of The Hague.
Anouncement due to the Covid-19 virus:
This Friday we will discuss our topic in a digital setting due to the current COVID-19 situation. We think it is our responsibility to protect you, ourselves and our loved ones by being cautious and minimise our physical social gatherings.
However, that does not mean we need to minimise social activity! So we experimented with VR last week and we think we can have a nice discussion in our special prepared Blockbar VR hub.
You don’t need a headset, although that is extra immersive. If you are new to this environment, come in early and take time to poke around with options. We’ll hope to see you there and we hope to learn as much as we would do normally.
We will be meeting on https://hub.link/SfGR7Lf
📆 AGENDA 2020-03-13
10:30 – 12:30 BlockBar Special: “Crypto Regulation in The Netherlands, the coming 5 years”
- As it stands now, in The Netherlands, AMLD5 and FATF will be enforced upon custodial wallet providers and exchanges somwhere in the first half of 2020.
- As a result of this, what do we expect to happen in the coming 5 years in the Netherlands?
- Which start-ups have stopped operating?
- Which ones might stop operating?
- Will they move abroad?
- Which DEXes are available?
- What are the pro’s and con’s of using DEXes?
- Is this new legislation good or bad on the whole for crypto? Or nuetral?
This will be a joint discussion, where anyone and everyone can chip in.
The new law is still awaiting 1st chamber aproval.
12:30 (appx) Lunch time
It’s possible to lunch at The Hague Tech. You can also go to one of the nearby lunch places, like ‘Suri Mix’.
14:00 – 16:30 Working on your blockchain / decentralized / Web3 related project, course or article.
Often participants give presentations about their work.
16:30 we finish working and have some drinks.
🏦 HOW TO GET THERE
Blockbar is located at *The Hague Tech*, the Tech Community in The Hague. It’s a 1 minute walking from train station Laan van NOI. If you are at location, call +31 6 46386 864 if the main entrance is not open. *Blockbar* is on the ground Floor, to your left, at the end of the corridor.
See https://youtu.be/g1ib2YsXYlA for walking directions from Laan van NOI.
🌍 Find us online:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/wpZYxMT
- Twitter https://twitter.com/blockbar070
- Website: https://www.blockbar.nl
- Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/blockbar